- We don't share your email address or other information with anyone else, we dislike junk email as much as you, so your email address will never be shared or sold to any 3rd party companies.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We only collect and use personal information with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes commensurate with the legitimate and ethical operation of our businesses, and those of our clients for whom we maintain websites, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfilment of such purposes.
- We will only collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where possible and appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data collected should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
Visitors to websites may access our pages and browse basic site content, including any article library, without disclosing personal data, but may find members only areas are not accessible.
Credit card numbers and CVV codes are not stored on any Golden Rooster Media system for security and are only held with the secure, PCI complaint credit card processing company. We require the members billing information in order to charge their credit card, and this information is not used for any other purpose. We request your email address as a private way to contact you and for login authentication along with your password. We ask for your gender and date of birth to better understand our members, but this information is not shared with anyone, including other members. Information on user logins is stored as a means to prevent fraud and is never shared with anyone.
We collect the personal data that you may volunteer while using our services and store it securely. We do not collect information about our visitors from other sources, such as public records or bodies, or private organisations
Vulnerable persons Policy
We do not have any content on this site inappropriate for any ages, therefore content is not an issue. Since members are unable to access information on other members, there is no vulnerable persons privacy concern at all - everyone is protected. Where user forums, or opportunities for user interaction exist we encourage you to consider the use of pseudonyms, or other forms of web identity protection, rather than disclose personal information publicly. Should you choose to disclose your personal details on any pages, you agree to indemnify us and our clients against any loss, or injury you may incur.
Communication between members
Our web sites may enable you to communicate with other visitors or to post information to be accessed by others. When you post public information, this information may be available to other members and they may collect your data. This includes, but is not limited to, reviews of classes and comments on classes, products, seminars and services.
Access to the Personal Data We May Hold About You
From time to time, this site uses tools which collect your requests for pages and passes elements of them to search engines to assist them in indexing this site. We control aspects of the configuration of such tools and aim to be responsible for the content of information sent to the search engines, but make the proviso that such tools are frequently reconfigured or altered by the 3rd party provider(s) in such a way and at such frequencies which may prevent a small service such as Golden Rooster and its clients, from being aware of the exact content of the information retrieved.You can ask us, whether we are keeping personal data about you. By sending postal mail to the address below, we will provide you with a readable copy of any personal data which we keep about you, within a month. We will require proof of your identity before releasing the information, which may be in the form of official records, driver's licenses, or other means deemed reasonable under law to verify identity. We will provide such information at a charge of £1.00.
We allow you to challenge the data that we hold about you and, where appropriate, you may have the data erased or amended. We reserve the right to refuse to provide our website visitors with a copy of their personal data, but will give reasons for our refusal.
Please send all inquiries to:
Golden Rooster Media
No1 Prospect Place, 274 King Street
Norfolk, NR1 2BL
Disclosing Member Information
We will not disclose personal information about website members to 3rd party organisations or other members of the site. We may disclose member information only in the form of aggregate statistical data that doesn't identify individual members. This statistical information helps our partners and sponsors to understand the collective characteristics of our audience and to target their messages effectively.
Secure Server Statement
We ensure that the personal information you send to us through any website we provide is protected via industry standard encryption methods (Secure Socket Layer -SSL technology). Your information in encrypted to prevent the decoding of personal information and credit card information while in transit. Your credit card information is not stored on our servers and not directly accessible by anyone but the credit card processors.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Third party advertisers and links to websites not maintained by Golden Rooster media
Amendments and reviews of this policy
We undertake to review this policy periodically as appropriate and to publish ammendments. Publication of an amended policy will be deemed to be notification.
Policy reviewed on 6th march 2013Policy last reviewed on 6th April 2014 by KR